Immaculate Conception, Osakis was incorporated on August 11, 1899 as Osakis didn’t have a Catholic Church before this time which led to families commuting to Belle River or West Union for Mass. After the church was completed, 45 families called Immaculate Conception their Parish home. The church had a seating capacity of 400 with a Magnificent altar and two side altars to match.
The church was then dedicated by Most Reverend Trobec of the St. Cloud Diocese on December 17, 1899. Following the dedication ceremony, Bishop Trobec celebrated a Solemn High Mass assisted by Father Ildephonse Molitor. The West Union choir and local singers provided the music. The Bishop preached a sermon first in English and then in German. The celebration came to a close with benediction.